Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Update on Katelynn

We've made a lot of progress. A few days ago she was taken off of the high-frequency oscillator onto a more natural ventilator, and was taken off of dialysis. Today they took her off of the oscillator, so now she just has a nose canula for oxygen. They also took out her arterial line and her foley. They have stopped all of her sedation drugs, so now she is awake!

SO, things are going amazingly well. I'm not sure how much longer they want to keep her in the ICU, but I think once she moves down to the Nephrology wing she will be there for about a week, since her kidneys are still not working as well as they would like them to. But, the steroids they put her on to help out with that would not have totally kicked in yet, anyways, so it's hard to say right now.

Thank you all so much for your love and prayers. I know they are working, because not very long ago we had a very very sick little girl on our hands, and now she's just a very sick girl. ;)

I will try to give better updates in the future. So much happens day-to-day that it is hard sometimes to keep up with what happened when. If you would like pictures of her progress or more current updates, send me a text message and I will try to keep you in the loop. E-mail me or leave a comment if you don't have my cell number and I'll get ahold of you somehow.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear positive progress. Baby steps to getting Katelynn home. I'll send up some thankful prayers today in addition to those pleading for her complete and rapid healing. Loves!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D