Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cat Face

Yesterday I decided to make the kids something different for lunch. Maybe I was subconsciously trying to somehow make up for all of my inadequacies as a mother by presenting an inventive lunch. I don't know. Anyway, here is what I came with.

The ears are a quesadilla, cut like a pizza. The eyebrows are celery sticks. The eyes are dried cherries. The nose and mouth are ranch veggie dip. I used a syringe for dispensing medicine to draw the mouth. And the whiskers are carrots. I think the kids liked them. Emma was the most excited, as you can tell by the picture. Michael actually ate all of his, and cleaned up what the girls left on their plates. For him, this is amazing, because it is hard to get him to eat at meals. Hooray!

3 comments:

  1. YOUR A GREAT MOM. Don't ever think other wise. I look up to you. LOVE the cat face lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute,I think I'll try that! My favorite animal lunch (I used to make it for my kid sisters) is a bowl of soup, then grilled cheese cut on the diagonal and placed on either side to make ears and a spoon tilting down for a trunk. It's a lunch elephant! :)
    P.S. Love the blog background! You need to give mine a makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute creative idea Jillian! Fantabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D