Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Primary Activity

This morning was Emma, Katelynn & Michael's first Primary activity as Sunbeams!! I can not believe they are old enough to be in Sunbeams already. Weren't they just born, like, last year or something? And I can't believe that I'm old enough to have children that are Sunbeams! But, I digress.

We were about 45 min late to the activity, because it started at 8:30 am and it took a while to get the kiddos and myself dressed and out of the house. Sometimes it's just one meltdown after another. And then there are the kids.... (Just kiddin'.)

At the church they had a pancake breakfast, then they did some other activity. I don't know, because I wasn't there. Ah, the blessings of having kids in Primary. You can actually leave them at the activity without parental supervision. Talk about a pleasant surprise. Next activity day, I goin' to get a pedi!

Here they are enjoying their pancakes. My {little babies} are growing up!


Oh, and in this picture you may or may not have noticed that Michael has black fingernails. No, he is not Emo now, nor do I own a bottle of black nail polish. He got ahold of a Sharpie and 'painted' his nails. He was very proud of them, too. "Look, Mommy! I painted my nails!" Great...


For this picture I told Katelynn to say cheese and she did...but was too preoccupied to look at the camera. Probably checkin' out some hottie at the next table. Oh, that reminds me. It was awesome... When we were leaving the activity Katelynn was looking around for this boy she had been chasing around, because she wanted to give him a hug. She kept saying, "I need to give Zach a hug."

Then, she was sitting on a rock outside of the church with her arms on her knees saying, "I'm all alone" I said, "You're not all alone. You have Emma and Michael and Mommy all here." She said, "Yes, I'm all alone 'cause I didn't give Zach a hug. I need to give Zach a hug." Is she 3 going on 16?! Holy Cow, kid! Is there a little Sunbeam romance going on here, or what?! She starting a little early, don't you think? As you can see, I'm flabbergasted. Do you think it's time for 'the talk'? Maybe I'll let Scott handle that one.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, you can leave your kids at a primary activity? I gotta get in on that! I've actually held my kids back since they "failed" nursery (i.e. just aren't quite ready for sunbeams) but I may have to reconsider now! P.S. Thanks for the rice tip--my camera is in a bowl of it now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D