Monday, February 2, 2009
I saw this idea on a friend's blog and thought I would try it out. When my friend made it she used pizza dough from the deli at her local grocery store. I used canned biscuits. The kids had a lot of fun making it, and I think it turned out pretty good.
To make a Caterpillar Pizza:
1) Open the can of biscuits. Don't get too freaked out when they pop open.
2) Arrange the biscuits on a cookie sheet in the shape of a caterpillar. The directions say to put them on an ungreased pan, but I say grease it, baby! Either that, or try to wrench the biscuits off the pan later. Take my word for it.
3) Have the kids put pizza sauce (I used spaghetti sauce) on each 'body part'. Caution: this can get messy.
4) Put pizza toppings on each 'body part'.
5) Realize that you should have put the cheese on before the toppings and take off the toppings.
6) Put cheese on each 'body part', then replace the removed toppings.
7) Bake in the oven according to the directions on the can of biscuits or whatever.
8) Pry the little pizzas off of the pan if you didn't listen to me and grease the pan.
10) Uhm..enjoy some more!
(I just needed a tenth one for my sanity. Had to end with a round number. Yes, I have problems.)