Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Behind the Times

As you may (or may not) have noticed, I haven't blogged for a while. It's totally weird, I know. Last week Scott had his one week break from school, so I just wasn't blogging.

Let's see...what happened?

His break officially started 2 Wednesdays or Thursdays ago. (I can't remember for sure) That day Katelynn had a doctor's appointment for her kidneys. Basically, she has to stay on the Prednisone till she tests negative for protein in the urine, then we can start weaning her off the stuff. This time around hasn't been as bad as some of the other times on Prednisone. Last time her mood swings were really bad. This time she just seems to get worn out really easily.

That night went went late night bowling with our buds the Larsons. It was fun to go on a date, even if it was just Wendy's and one round of bowling. (or is it a game? Round? Game? whatever...)

On Friday or Saturday we took the kids to the Children's Museum of Phoenix, then went to the Phoenix Ranch Market, which is a huge Mexican grocery store. The tortillas can't be beat! On the way home Katelynn puked all over the place, and the happiness continued once we got home. Emma woke up that night sick, too.

On Sunday I stayed home with the girls, while Scott & Michael went to church. Later that night we had friends over for dinner. After our friends left it was Scott's & my turn to be sick. We had a queasy night and next day.

Tuesday we were feeling a bit better, so we took the kids to the Arizona Natural History Museum in Mesa. They loved "hunting" dinosaurs. It's a nice museum. We would probably go often if it was closer. After the museum, Scott dropped the kids & I off at the park while he went to check out this store in Mesa that is similar to Ghetto Square, ahem.. I mean Market Square, in Salt Lake. Then we headed over to Ikea. I love that place. We picked up some curtain rods so we can hang the curtains we bought on the way home from Katelynn's doctor appointment. We go these nice curtains at Dillard's for 70% off of 70% off. Sweet! So, now we are moving up in the world. We will finally have dressed windows.

I don't think we did much more during Scott's break. We just kinda bummed around, got more unpacking done, etc. On Saturday we went swimming, it being one of the last days the pool would be open. For some odd reason, here in Arizona they close the community pools the beginning of Septmember, even though it's still in the 100s. I don't get it. Lamity lame lame.

I swear we did more than that during his break. Huh. I don't know. It must have been super exciting if it just happened last week and I'm already forgetting about it. Sad. It is so *bleh* that they only get a one (or one and a half, I guess) week break between summer semester and fall semester. It barely gives you enough time to unwind before you're back to the old grindstone. We thought about going camping or something, but it just didn't come to fruition. Having sick kids and parents didn't help, either.

Well, this post has been full of random ramblings, so I guess I'll sign off. Hopefully I will have some more interesting things to report next time.

5 comments:

  1. I WAS wondering what happened to you. I always check your blog because I know you always post. Sorry about getting sick, but glad to know that your absence was good and not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you all were sick. That is the bummiest bummer!

    Yes that is lame about the pool closing! I don't get it. Ours closes this Sunday too! What are they thinking?

    Curtains! Fun! I can't wait to come visit and see your new beautiful home. Oh and you and the kidlets too! Haha!

    Anyways, I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you people from Arizona and Utah know, the pools in Oregon stay open at least through Labor Day, sometimes a week longer. The sun must get to your heads or something. Weirdos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I of course noticed you hadn't blogged in a bit, I always love reading your blog. Yeah for us Lehi has an indoor pool so it is open year round and is awesome. I am jealous of your fun museums. Ikea rocks--does yours have free babysitting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we need a field trip to Ikea

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D