Friday, September 11, 2009

Little Tigers

Yesterday was the kids' first day of karate. They {love} it! We are really excited for them to be taking karate, because we feel as though it will help them to learn to follow directions and be respectful, as well as give them some structured exercise time. After being given instructions or asked a question they have to respond with "Yes, ma'am" or "Yes, sir". During class they kept looking over, smiling and waving at me. Katelynn said to me a couple of times, "Mom, this is a game!". The other parents kept laughing and commenting on how cute they were, and were asking me how old they were, are they triplets, all the usual stuff.

Here is a picture of the kids on a bench outside right after they got out of class, still wearing their 'karate outfits'. I wasnt' sure if taking pictures during class was okay, so I just got a picture right after class. Sorry they're all squinting like that. The sun is really, really bright around 5 o'clock!


With the tuition for the 3 kids, the parents are allowed to train for free, so Scott and I are taking a Beginning Kung Fu class together, as well. Our first class was tonight. It's a pretty good workout! I never thought of myself as the type of person who would take karate, but I'm really liking it so far. Maybe one of these days I'll be more intimidating. Ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. GO JILLIAN!!! That's so cool that your kidos get to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun, I didn't know they offered karate for kids this young. I am going to check it out pronto! My bro was having a lot of trouble in school due to ADD but he took karate and learned how to focus his attention and even got off of medication. Yeah for karate!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D