Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Foto February- Day 1

FOTO-A-DAY FEBRUARY
Take & Post a picture everyday for the month of February

I saw this on my friend Mari's blog, and thought it sounded like a fun idea. I've been wanting to be more consistent in my posting, and to post more normal day-to-day things, so this project is just the ticket!

I didn't see the Mari's post until late this evening, and I thought to myself, "Hmmm...what can I take a picture of for today? I don't want to start out the month by skipping a day!" So, I decided to post a picture of my shiny sink.

A shiny sink, eh? What's that all about? Well, one of my goals for this year is to make and keep my home cleaner and more organized. I've been reading the e-mails from FlyLady for a long time now (over a year maybe? That's kind of embarrassing...). I have been trying to get my routines in place off and on, but making my routines stick has still been eluding me. So I am trying, yet again, to create good habits that will help me make our home a nicer place to be.

The first 'babystep' of FLYing is to shine your sink every night before going to bed. It makes such a *huge* difference! It really helps your day start off on a better foot the next morning. It's also good because if you aren't feeling good, just want to go to bed, whatever,  you say to yourself, "I'll just clean out the sink, then I'll go to bed." But, once you get started clearing the sink, it usually gives you enough momentum to finish up the rest of the kitchen and sometimes even straightening up the living room! So, a shiny sink is a simple thing, but it's amazing the difference it can make in helping your home get and stay clean!

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! We shall foto it up together. Excellent. And way to go on the flylady. I kinda tried to do it but I didn't make it past get dressed first thing in the morning. Flylady-fail. I guess it's not for people who have babies and can't shower until they nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all right for a shiny sink! me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most days, I just stack the dishes and put the food away. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D