Saturday, February 26, 2011

Foto February- Day 26

This morning we went to Kohl's, then were busy getting stuff ready & tuning up Scott's car for his trip to Colorado. After the kids went to bed, we had a little date-at-home. We got Chipotle (get your BOGO coupon HERE) and watched a movie together.


BTW, 1/2 of a Barbacoa Burrito Bowl is only 305 calories, and it totally fills you up! And, then you have left-overs for another day. Bonus!!

For the last week or two I've been trying to workout more and have been keeping track of what I eat on Livestrong.com, and it's been really good. I'm already seeing some results, which just gets me more excited and motivated to do even more! My friend, Pam, introduced me to the site, and it's pretty cool. You can type in everything you eat, and it calculates everything for you. It has a search function to look up food, even food from restaurants and stuff, so you know how many calories. You can also type in how many pounds you are wanting to lose, and it will tell you how many calories you can consume per day if you want to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week. As you log your food for the day it keeps track and tells you how many more calories you can have for the day without going over your goal. You can also keep track of how much water you are consuming every day. It's been really good for me, 'cause I never really thought much about what I ate, how many calories, etc. Before I would just eat candy and junk all day. Now I am much more aware of what I'm putting into my body.

Didn't mean to go off on a random tangent/spiel thingy there, but anyway... It was nice to go on one last 'date' with Scott before he leaves for a whole month!

1 comment:

  1. Calories vary depending your toppings and what type of beans you get, but I've decided that Chipotle is definitely a good, low-calories place to go out. I keep my calories in check there by getting rice, black beans, onions and peppers (instead of meat, but barbacoa is my preferred meat there), fresh tomato salsa, cheese, lettuce, and a little sour cream, and then only eating half. Of course I always eat it by dipping my chips in, so maybe that defeats the purpose, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D