Sunday, April 10, 2011

Emma ER Visit

Back on March 25th Emma stepped on a sawtooth picture hanger and I had to take her to the ER!! Here's a picture of a sawtooth picture hanger, if you're not sure what that is. She had the tapered, barb-like end stuck in her foot that you hammer into your picture frame or board. Ouch!

(image courtesy of  Cherry Tree)

It was bleeding like crazy. First we drove over to the Urgent Care near our house, only to find out it is no longer there! So, it was off to the ER. We didn't have to wait a super long time in the waiting room, but it seemed like we were back in our 'room' forever! Once we were seen by the PA she took Emma into another room and while the Tech was distracting Emma she just pulled it right out! I probably could have pulled it out myself at home, and Scott would have if he'd been there, but I was too chicken to do it. Then we had to wait for.e.ver again because they wanted to do an x-ray to be sure they got all of it out. Both Michael and I ended up falling asleep! We were there a little over 2 hours, and got home about 11 o'clock at night.

While waiting the kids were coloring (thankfully I had a ton of crayons in my purse) and the girls were taking pictures.





2 comments:

  1. ouch!! I can't imagine! Poor girl! ...and I also can't believe you took 3 kids to the ER by yourself (that late at night, too) next time, call me! You're super woman, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOUUUUUCCCCCHHHH!!!!!!!!! I stepped on a rusty nail at Robertsons a couple months ago and I thought I was going to die! That thing looks so much worse! Poor kid!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D