Tuesday, November 1, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 1

For the month of November I am going to post each day with at least one thing I am grateful for. There were several things today.

One, I was able to hang out with one of my best buddies Risa, and she cut my hair for me! I've been needing it cut for a while, and it is SO great! And, it's always a joy to be with Risa. SHE is so great!



Two, the kids started a drawing class today. I am grateful that the kids are able to do fun things and expand their talents. There is a Youth Scholarship program through the city's rec program, and without it the kids wouldn't be able to take this class or do soccer, because we wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise, with Scott in school and us living off of student loans and all.

Three, while the kids were in class I was able to catch up with my friend Kate, who I haven't talked to for a while. It was so nice to chat, and she is such a fun person! And, I got to hold her newborn baby, which is always a treat.

Four, we got two guinea pigs today! A friend of a friend moved to California and needed to rehome her guinea pigs, and we were the lucky ones to get them. The kids are enamored with them. I think they will be a fun addition to our home.

That's a good start for today. I am excited to start this challenge, and hope it will help me to have a fresh perspective and greater appreciation for all the many blessings I have as we head into Thanksgiving and Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. it was so great to get to hang out and chat with you!! always fun to spend time with you! and thanks for letting me vent:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...let's see if you're still thankful for the guinea pigs at the end of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D