Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dance Class- Numero Dos

In the class description, all that was mentioned was 'tap shoes required'. So, on the first day of class I took the girls in normal clothes and their tap shoes. Well, apparently they are supposed to be in the whole 'leotard, skirts, tights, ballet shoes' get-up in addition to the tap shoes, and all the other little girls were dressed that way. I asked the teacher after class if that was required, and she said, "Uh, yeah." A whole ensemble times two?! Oy vey! Not cheap, my friends, not cheap. Especially when we have pretty much NO money because of Scott's traveling expenses and paying for his board exam.

I looked online, at K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and Target, and the cheapest leotards I could find were $7.50, not to mention the tights, skirts, and ballet shoes. Then, as I was driving by, I thought to check at Savers (a thrift store like Goodwill or DI). There on the rack were two, and only 2, dance leotards. And, they were in the right size! Plus, they had 2 skirts, one in the right size and one a size up (hello, safety pin!). The total cost for all four items was...drumroll, please...$7.25!! Talk about a tender mercy! I was blown away! The girls were so excited to have 'real' dance clothes. I think they look so beautiful in them, and very grown-up.










I might be a little biased, but I think they might actually have some dance talent, after watching them in class compared with some of the other little girls. Check out Katelynn's pointed toe, and the way they hold their arms so gracefully!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. :D