Friday, June 8, 2012

Updates

Sorry I have neglected this blog lately! My most recent posts have been on my other blog Hi! It's Jilly, but they aren't about specific stuff happening with our family, per se.

We have been busy, busy! The middle of May we went to California with my Mom & Scott's parents. We were gone for a week and went to Disneyland for 3 days, the Natural History Museum for a day, and Laguna Beach for a day. It was a great trip!

When we came back to Phoenix Scott's parents came, too, and they stayed with us until yesterday (June 7th) to help us do projects on our house to get it ready to sell and to see Scott graduate!

Yes, Scott graduated from med school June 1st. He is officially a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) now! He starts orientation for his residency June 25th in Johnson City, NY. It is a 3 year residency, so that's where we'll be for the next 3 years.

We are planning to leave for New York on Monday June 18th, I think. The drive says it takes 36 hours on Google Maps, so we figure between stops, slow driving with the truck pulling a car dolly, etc the trip will take 4-5 days. Phew!

The kids got out of school May 24th, and have been wearing out the Wii games and our Netflix subscription ever since. ;) They are excited about the move, but also sad to leave their friends, as am I.

What else? Hmmm...that's all I can think of for now. And that's plenty, I'd say!! I think I will officially update this blog once we get to New York and blog about the Disney trip, graduation, etc. "Talk" to you then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. :D