Wednesday, July 11, 2012

First Day of School...I mean, Residency

Scott started his residency 2 1/2 weeks ago. They had a week-long orientation, some of it with all the new residents, and some of it with just the podiatry department. On Saturday of that week they went up to Cornell to do "team-building" activities. Part of that was a ropes course, which was a lot of fun.

Last Monday was his first official day of work. I HAD to get a picture! I think he thinks his wife is a little crazy. ;)



This month his is on a podiatry clinic rotation. Next month he is in general surgery, I believe. He is also on call once a week, and every 3rd weekend of the month. (I could be totally wrong, though.)

So far he likes it a lot. All the people here are really awesome, and it's nice to be so close to the hospital. All the clinics he has to drive to are 15 minutes away or less. I really like his schedule, so far. But, I hear the clinic rotation is easy peasy schedule-wise, and that his schedule will be worse on some of the other rotations. I'll just enjoy seeing my hubby a little bit right now. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Sniffle Sniffle! Lil Scottsy is all grown up into a doctor! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice schedule! Austin's isn't too bad either; on call once a week and every other weekend. Can you believe our babies are big boys now? : )

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D