Monday, May 5, 2008

Preparedness Fair

On Saturday our ward had an emergency preparedness fair out at someone's house. It was fun. Some of the Young Women watched the kids. They had a bounce house set up in addition to the swing set and trampoline already there, so the kids had a blast. We learned about generators, baking with beans (yummy breads & muffins, believe it or not!), emergency heating and cooking, organic gardening, and a lady from the Red Cross came and talked to us. We had a dutch oven lunch with homemade root beer. Talk about tasty!

It was nice to learn about all of those things. Things are getting so scary nowadays, with the price of gas and groceries skyrocketing through the roof and everything else that is going on. It's really kinda scary. We really need to be prepared and know what to do in an emergency. The prophets have been saying that we need to get our food storage for years, and I think it's becoming more and more important.

Moroni said that he saw our day, and described the things that happened in his day, because he knew that they were important for us. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and I know that my Dad knew it was true and wanted me to study it. I was able to read some of his journal. Over and over he testified of his love for the gospel and how firmly he believed in Jesus Christ. He said that the day he was able to be sealed to my Mom was the happiest day of his life, because it would allow him to be with his family forever. I promised my Dad before he died that I would do everything in my power to be a part of his eternal family, and to return to live with our Heavenly Father, and I plan on doing that.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun, I need the recipe for breads made with beans! Your site looks great by the way, I love all the pictures!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D