Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Packin'

Since I haven't posted anything for a while you are probably all wondering what the heck is going on with us. Well, we are wondering the same thing! The last few days we have been busy little bees trying to get the house all packed and ready to move. Today we are picking up the U-Haul and having a few friends over to help. Tomorrow is when the Elders' Quorum is coming to help pack the truck. We are thinking we will leave Thursday night, because we figure we will get more traveling done if the kids are asleep. We will probably stay somewhere Friday night, then roll into Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria Saturday.

Where are we moving to, you ask? That is a great question! We don't know yet!! Since the house we were going to buy fell through we have been frantically trying to find a place to rent. I have two aunts that live in the area who looked at some houses for us *thank you* and we have not yet figured out for sure where it is we are supposed to move.

Did you know they charge sales tax on rent? Yeah, neither did we. Kind of a shell-shock when we looked at a lease for one of the houses. The problem with that is we were already at the top of our price point, and the sales tax on top of it is like twisting the knife in our "already-reluctant-to-cough-up-that-much-money-to- throw-away-on-rent" hearts. And, the prospect of signing a year lease sight unseen is not my cup of tea.

I've heard of taking a leap of faith, but a 1200 mile drive of faith is quite different. A little scary. A little unsettling. A little daunting.

Arizona, here we come!

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, are you sure that sales tax thing is legit? My parents have rented on and off for years in Arizona and I've never once heard anything about sales tax. That sounds kind of fishy to me. Especially since you aren't purchasing anything!!

    Good luck on your journey. Stay safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything! We'll be praying for ya. I can only imagine how stressful this must be but hold on to the faith! You'll make it through this trial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it will all work out well. You guys have guardian angels. I'm sure of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave, I'm sure things will work out surprisingly well for you guys. I'll be praying!! Good luck on the journey there.
    Heidi
    P.S. Certainly not the first thing on your mind, but we are thinking on moving the UVMOM retreat to St. George. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too late to help you with this move, but if you use ABF, you can delay having them drop off your truck for several days with no extra charge. I hope you can find a place super quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D