Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Weekend

I haven't posted anything for a few days, so I thought I would do a post.

Saturday was a crazy busy day. In the morning we (Jillian & the kids) went to the Multiple Joys picnic. Multiple Joys is a club here in Phoenix for families with triplets or more. A few weeks ago I accepted a position on their Board as Activities Coordinator. We have a Christmas Party coming up in December and a huge event/fundraiser in March or April that we (a previous activities coordinator & I) are starting to plan. I also need to start planning the Mom's Nights for this next year. I know, it's kinda crazy, but I love planning activities & being involved, and it's a great way to get to know people, as well.

Then, later that evening we went to a Halloween party with the families of some of Scott's classmates. They seem like a cool group of people and I'm excited to get to know them better. It's nice to talk to other 'pod wives' who can relate to you because their husbands are gone studying all the time, too.

Some of Scott's classmates heard that Scott can ride the unicycle and convinced him to bring a couple to the party so they could try it. It was pretty funny. Here is a picture I stole off of Carly's blog of Spencer trying it out. (I had the camera, but the batteries were dead.)Katelynn & I are in the background on the right. I'm telling her to stay back in case that thing shoots out from underneath him!


In other news...I was just called as the ward choir director! Sunday we had our first choir practice for the upcoming Christmas Program. We had a small turn out, but not too bad considering it was all by e-mail and word-of-mouth. I was a little nervous. I feel SO rusty in my conducting, but the rehearsal went well and I think it will be a great program. I don't have the whole thing together yet, but it is almost there and the music I've picked out is nice and will bring the Spirit into the meeting. This next week is stake conference, so that puts a little bit of a wrench into the works, but hopefully after that we can get our numbers up with some consistency in practice time and place. The girl who is the choir accompanist is awesome! She is letting us practice at her house. (since the only time available at the church is 8 am or after church, which gets out at 5 pm. Yuck!) We seem to get along really well and work well together. So, that's cool.

So, that's about it. This Friday there is a big Halloween thing at Midwestern, then a big trunk-or-treat/Monster Bash Carnival thing at the church so we will get lots of use out of those costumes. Michael is a dinosaur and the girls are princesses. Emma wanted to be a 'pink piggy' at first, but then saw Katelynn's *bling* and decided to be a princess instead. Fine with me. One less constume to make! Michael was going to be a giraffe (he's been talking about it for weeks), but I could NOT find a giraffe costume OR the rigth color sweats to 'make' a giraffe. (I was going to glue felt patches to the sweatsuit to make it look like a giraffe) But, while cruising the aisles at JoAnn he decided to be a dinosaur instead, thank goodness.

OK. I will have to post Halloween pics, of course. Till then, have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you just move and get involved with a multiples club and they put you to work!!! See I knew you were good at that. That is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you getting involved, such a good way to get to know new people. Triplets and up huh, bet that is a cool club. Send us all the good tips you get!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D