Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Funny Kids

Here is another edition of...

"Funny Things the Kids Say"

The other day Michael tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Mommy, are we a happy family?" "Yes, I think so. Are you happy?" "Yep."

Emma is a bit of a daredevil. She likes to jump off of things, and spread her arms out like wings. Yesterday she was jumping off a bench at Scott's school and I heard her say, "Cool! I'm a pink butterfly. Cool!" ('Cool' has been the word of the week for Emma.)

I was looking at a friend's blog and Michael started yelling, "Wait! Stop! That's Logan! He's my best friend. He came over to my house!" I thought it was funny that he said they were best friends.

Tonight at dinner we were having gnocchi (pronounced nyo-kee) and I asked the girls if they wanted more. Katelynn said, "Yes. I want more oakley, please" Emma chimed in with, "Yeah, I want more oakie, too." FYI- they have a cousin named Oakley, who they adore. I want more Oakley, too!! We miss her!

Yesterday Emma said, "I miss my Lizzy. I want her to come to my house. Mamaw, too." Then today Katelynn was saying, "I want Susan to come over to my house. I love Susan. Cody, too. I love Cody and want him to come to my house to visit." I guess kids really do remember people. It's so nice to hear them ask for their aunts, grandparents and cousins. I want them to have a good relationship with their extended family. But, at the same time, it makes me sad, 'cause I miss them,too!

Whenever we have family prayer we ask that Daddy will do well at school. Now the kids are not content unless we have said it. But, they've changed it a little. When praying they say, "And bless Daddy to go a school." No, no. It's to do well in school, not go to school! I think it got a little lost in translation. Oh, well. At least they are praying, and the Lord understands.

That's all for tonight. Tune in next time for "Funny Things the Kids Say."

2 comments:

  1. Yes at least their prayers make some sense! Every night Davis prays for grandma to come over and pllbbtt giggle giggle. Lowell says the Lord understands but I think it is a respect issue. Oh well, they are 3 after all. I enjoyed your daily schedule--you are such a super mom! I don't know how you do it! We missed you at Mom's night last night--but your name did come up, about how you have 3 carseats on one bench. Anywho, loves!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D