Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lemon Sherbet

We acquired a TON of lemons, so Scott wanted to make homemade lemon sherbet. On Sunday we made it a family activity. The kids were {VERY} excited. Here they are squeezing the lemons:


You had to let the mixture cool for 2 hours before putting it in the ice cream maker. That made it so that the sherbet would be put in after I left for choir practice.

S: "We can't make the ice cream until Mommy leaves."
K: "Mommy, you have to leave. It's true! You have to go!"
M: "I want Mommy to go and the kids make ice cream."

Fine. I see how it is. I can take a hint.

The sherbet turned out quite tasty. I think it's great that Scott makes an effort to do fun things with the kids and make his time with them count. It's so important to make good family memories.

2 comments:

  1. Ok honestly! BEST lemon sherbert ever. I really enjoyed my birthday card and birthday sherbert. Thanks a ton! Can't wait to see you guys again . . . swimming on Saturday! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to help too, but Jillian you can stay!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D