Monday, April 26, 2010

No Running in the Library!

On Wednesday the kids and I went to the library. I was helping Katelynn look at a book when Michael came running down the aisle and ran right into one of those little cubbies they have the computers in! I thought he had just tripped and fell into the desk, but the 2 moms watching from the couch said he just ran into it at full speed! He started crying really hard and the library ladies rushed over to see if he was alright.

His nose started bleeding like crazy, and once he saw the blood he started really freaking out. We got him (kind of) cleaned up while one of the library ladies filled out an incident report and brought him some ice in a towel and a foam airplane. The security guy also came over to see if everything was okay. They asked me a couple of times if I wanted them to call the paramedics. I was, like, "He's FINE. Just a little (or a lot of) blood!" I called Scott and told him what happened just to make sure we didn't need to call the EMT, though.

Needless to say, his poor little nose is quite swollen up and is pretty black & blue. Here are a couple of pictures taken that night. Now the swelling has gone down quite a bit, but it still has a little yellowish, greenish tinge to it.

3 comments:

  1. Must be a boy thing--my kids are always running into things that are right in front of them (Carter's now brown tooth is a prize from one of those encounters). Sorry Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that is crazy! Poor kid! Remember that time I just happened to stop by and see you guys and like 5 seconds later Michael fell and hit his noggin on the coffee table and it was bleeding everywhere?! That was a lot of blood too. It looked like we were murdering someone. I guess this kid is just a bleeder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His nose isn't swollen, he just got his Grandpa R's knows

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D