Sunday, January 9, 2011

Flash Mob

On December 22nd, 2010 I took the kids to participate in a flash mob singing of Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus. It was awesome! The mall was packed! I heard about it from my Aunt Cecilia, because my cousin, Helen, is in Phoenix Girls’ Chorus and they were told about it. It was held at Scottsdale Fashion Place Mall. It was supposed to start at noon, but there were so many people there (the info had been leaked during the morning news on Fox, plus several choirs were told to come) that the mall security make them start 10 or 15 minutes early! So, all the people who were still on their way to the Food Court to make it there by noon missed it. We were in the ‘missed it’ group. But, everyone was just standing around, disappointed that they’d missed it and were waiting around to see what was going to happen next. Then, I think a guy stood up and just started conducting and everyone joined in and sung it a cappella. It was pretty neat. I’m glad I dragged the kids to the mall for it. It was funny, though…all during the song Michael kept saying, “Why is everybody singing?” Ha ha ha! I just said, “Because it’s awesome. Shhh!” After the second singing of the Hallelujah Chorus everyone cleared out like the security officers wanted.

Here is a picture I took of the kids right after the song was over. It is a good representation of the kids’ feelings at the time, I believe.  ;) Emma cheesing for the camera, Michael being silly, and Katelynn saying, “Mom, why are you taking my picture? Can’t we just get out of here?”

P1030111

Here is a link to an article about it and a recording of the mob. I recorded a video, too, but mine isn’t very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. :D