Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Singing for Larry

While I was in Utah I found out that one of my old professors from UVSC, Larry Johnson, had passed away. The family had asked if his former students, friends & colleagues would sing two songs for his service, Danny Boy (his favorite, which we sang every year) and O Lord God. I had planned to leave for Arizona Tuesday, but decided to stay and attend his funeral Wednesday morning.

On Monday and Tuesday night we had choir rehearsals to practice the two songs. Although it was a sad circumstance we were meeting under, I was thrilled to see a bunch of my friends from the music department. Some of them I hadn't seen in many, many years.They all commented on how big the kids have gotten, and how well behaved they were. That always makes a momma smile. :)




One of the voice teachers brought her daughter along to the funeral to watch any kids who might be in attendance, which was wonderful. Then I could focus on the service and not worry about keeping the kids entertained. Blessing! It was wonderful to sing in a choir of that caliber again. It made me realize how much I miss it. It also reminded me of how *close* I am to finishing my bachelor's degree. I have actually started doing a little digging around to see if I could finish up and graduate this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. :D