Sunday, January 8, 2012

Updates

Hi! So, I just realized I haven't posted anything since mid-December. Yikes! I have plenty of things to post, which I will do later, considering it is 1:33 am and I should really be in bed. Anywho... on to the bullet-points.

* On Friday Scott took Part II of his board exams, which he HAS to pass in order to do his residency, plus the test costs 900 buck-a-roos to take, so he kinda needs to pass. We won't find out how he did for a couple of months, but I'm sure he did fine. He's been studying his butt off for that test!

* On Tuesday Scott leaves for Texas for residency interviews. Then, a few weeks from now we will submit our program ranking. Eeep! We will find out if he matched & which program he matched with, aka where we are going, in March or April.

* The kids start school again on Monday. They are not so excited about that, of course. Mommy is somewhat excited, though. But, I'm not excited about the early mornings. If you can't tell, I'm somewhat of a night owl. (Hence, it's 1:38 am)

* This afternoon we went on a family rollerblade (well, I walked) with Penny (our dog) down the trail by our house and over to Rita's, this awesome Italian ice & custard place. It's fun that the kids are old enough to do stuff like that. It's wild to me how old they are getting. (I swear I say that in every one of these dang "update" posts)

* BTW- if you were expecting a Christmas card from us and have not yet received one, have no fear. I sat down to mail them out and realized I had no envelopes that they fit inside! Who knew 4x6 pictures don't fit in an A2 or a normal, short white envelope?! Everyone? Oh, my bad. And, even though I've been to the store a jillion times since I made that discovery, I have forgotten to get bigger envelopes every time. SO, sometime this month I will be sending out our Christmas/New Years? cards.

* We did some fun things in December, like Christmas parties and the like. I will post about them and include the coordinating pictures at a later time.

* I seriously don't know why I am even still up. We have 9:00 church now. Curse you Pinterest, Facebook, and  blogs! Why?! WHY?! *shakes fists in the air*

* Oh! Oh! One more thing! I was released as Primary Chorister and called to be the Webelos leader. How funny is that?! I haven't had a non-music calling in probably 10 years. And I don't know *anything* about scouts. I'm the oldest of 7 girls and only 1 boy, yo. But, I hear it's a fun calling, and it will definitely be a learning experience. Sad to be leaving 'normal' Primary, though. But, happy to be able to attend Sunday School and Relief Society. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Well, I think I'm getting a little keyboard slap-happy, so I will 'talk' to you again soon and post about those other things we did, 'cause if you don't blog about it, did it really even happen? Duhn, duhn, duuuuhn...


1 comment:

  1. You'll do so awesome in cub scouts! Plus, you'll learn it all so you can help Michael when his turn comes :) Which isn't too far off. Scary thought, huh?!?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D