Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mommy Says So

I've invented a computer program with which you can input a bunch of things you say over and over and over again all day long and have the program do it for you. The program does a 'voice match' with a sample phrase, then you type in the other phrases you want the program to say in a loop. Turn on your "Mommy Says So" and you are free to hop into a nice bubble bath with the latest book you haven't had time to read. The kids won't even notice you're gone! Here is a list of a few sample phrases I would plug into my "Mommy Says So".

"Stop that. You know that's making them mad. Don't do it!"

"Do you need to go potty? You went potty already? Did you wipe and wash you hands? You didn't. That's disgusting. Go wipe and wash your hands. Eeeww!"

"Get in your bed, lay down and go to sleep."

"Do you need a time out?!"

"When I tell you to do something, that means you need to do it."

"You are NOT allowed to go outside naked, or with only your underwear on!"

"Knock it off."

"Stop the drama"

"Are you kidding me?!"

"Another mess? Why did you do that? Go get in the tub NOW."

"Why are you crying? That is no reason to cry. Relax."

"I made you sad? Well, you make me sad when you disobey me."

"Get out of the fridge and shut the door. Geez, you act like I never feed you!"

"Are you allowed to play in Mommy & Daddy's bedroom. No, you are not."

"What are you doing?!"

"Leave that stuff alone. You know you're not allowed to play with that."

"You're going to hurt yourself. Stop that."

"Yes, I will make you another peanut butter and jelly sandwich"

"Unlock this door right now."

"Want to watch a movie?"

This is just a short list of sample phrases to inspire you, or choose your own phrases. Get your "Mommy Says So" while they're hot...and while you still have a little bit of your sanity left!

*note: not an actual product. a)I am not clever enough to actually invent something like this and b) I just like the idea, because I feel like everything I say to my precocious three-year-olds goes in one ear and out the other. Did you ever hear your parents say, "I might as well talk to the walls for all the good it does me" or "I feel like I'm talking to myself here"? Now I understand what they meant when they said that!!

4 comments:

  1. That's too funny. I had to share a video with you, that I'm sure you will appreciate if you haven't seen it yet. You can watch it here.

    I've been stalking your blog for about a week now (I got a mass email from Scott with an update on where you guys are now and stuff, and it included your blog address). The kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh oooh, I'll take 2. Can I add, "Did I ask you, no I am telling you" and "your complaint has been duly noted" to mine! LOL Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea - or maybe a set of MP3s.

    I made an ID badge that said Miss Switch to kind of identify myself without having to repeat it all night. Sister Logan is the only one who remembered the books :-( - besides my BIL. Anyway, I made one with an AISD logo and one with a Brownsboro one to wear to the game that night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of a few more phrases...

    "Are you allowed to eat in the living room? No, you are not."

    "Pick that up. We don't throw things when we are mad."

    "That was mean. Tell them you're sorry right now."

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D