Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

It's so sweet when you hear your kids saying things while they are playing that echo things you say to them.

* Michael was playing with a 'Mommy' duck and a 'baby' duck and the 'Mommy' was calling the 'baby' "Honey".

* Katelynn and Michael were playing with two animals, one was the Mommy and one was the kid. The one who was the Mommy kept calling the kid "sweetheart".

* "We need to have prayer. Fold your arms."

* It melts my heart when they are talking to each other and say "Please" and "Thank you", or give each other a hug and say, "I love you".


SO stinkin' CUTE

But, repeating things you say to them is not always so cute. A few 'choice' phrases I have heard, and then cringed, are:

* You don't say that to me!

* Why are you freaking out?!

* You are in big trouble. That's bad, bad, bad.

* No, no, no. I don't like that.


*WHOOPS*

I think it's time, or past time, to re-evaluate my daily dialogue.

1 comment:

Comments make me smile. :D