Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

It just doesn't seem right to be decorating for Christmas when it is in the 60s and 70s, but the calendar said it is December, and Thanksgiving had been celebrated a week earlier, so I guess it must be that time!

The kids and I broke out the Christmas decor last Thursday. They loved all the ornaments and wintery-looking stuff. Emma especially liked banging two ornaments together and watching them break. Ergh!




As you can see, decorating can be a messy process with three little helpers.


Here is Emma concentrating on an ornament. I let them hang ornaments on a branch that I put in a vase. A while ago the kids brought this branch inside that they had found in the backyard and I thought it was beautiful. Very sculptural. So, I implemented it into our Fall decor. Now it has been incorporated into the Christmas decor.

Before:


After:

We waited to put up the tree until Sunday, so Scott could join us and make it a family affair. The kids love the nativity scene, and Scott has already warned me that one or more pieces of it WILL break this year. In fact, baby Jesus was missing for two days and I just found him in a pile of laundry. The kids also like to carry around the angel and the shepherd. And, if you ask them, the shepherd is Jesus' Dad. Don't ask me where that came from. I have no idea. I also have no idea why Michael keeps calling Mary's hubby Joseph Smith, but there you go.

Hope you're having a happy holiday season so far!

1 comment:

  1. I love the decorated branch! We got the kids a resin nativity this year, no breakage as they tromp around with Jesus. I still can't explain who Joseph is very clearly though. And your tree looks great and yes, you have beaten us slow-pokes to it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :D