* We bought 16 gallons of paint. Now I need to get over to the house sometime to mask and paint.
* Can't exactly do that right now 'cause we are down to one car. Scott's car is making some funny sound. A guy that Scott met at Fry's who is in school to be a mechanic came by on Monday to look at it, knows what's wrong, and is going to fix it. Sweet!
* Saturday night I had some ladies over for "movie night", which is never a movie night, because we always just chat. It's good to chat, though.
* Tuesday night I got to bed really late (like, 4 am late) because Scott got home from school really late (after 12) , then a little while after he got home I realized that I needed some stuff for book club that I was hosting Wednesday night, and so I needed to go to the store (being down to one car).
* Wednesday morning I got up with the kids around 8ish, gave them some yogurt, put on a movie and went back to bed. This is what I woke up to:
Books, toys, blankets, clothes, crumbled chocolate chips. I don't know if you can tell in the pictures, but there is a line of string tied to the front door that goes across the living room to the office. This is the rocking chair in the office, where the line of string leads to.
I was about to get upset, and I asked Katelynn why they did that. She explained that she was saving Michael, and using the string to protect him and save him from the monsters. (they've been really into 'monsters' and 'bad guys' lately in their imaginative play) She tied the monsters up in the chair to save Michael. Well, if it was in an effort to save her brother I can't exactly get mad at her, now can I?
* Last night I hosted a book club I'm in. Mostly it's ladies from my ward, but there are also a few others that either used to be in the ward, or that live in the same neighborhood as someone in the club. We only had 6 people, including me, but we still had fun. We only talked about the book for a couple of minutes, then the rest of the time we talked about other stuff. I tried out my chocolate fountain that Scott gave me for Christmas a couple years ago. Yum! I'll have to whip that thing out more often. So easy, and so good. Of course, we'll see if it will work again, because the kids submerged the bottom piece containing the motor in the dishwater I was soaking the other fountain pieces in. Grarg!
* This morning my visiting teachers came over. (even though I saw them last night for book club) It is always nice visiting with them, and the message they share is always fitting for me. This is the quote they shared with me today. It was so timely, because I have been thinking lately about how I need to be more diligent in my scripture study.
President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985): “As you become more and more familiar with the truths of the scriptures, you will be more and more effective in keeping the second great commandment, to love your neighbor as yourself. Become scholars of the scriptures—not to put others down, but to lift them up! After all, who has any greater need to ‘treasure up’ the truths of the gospel (on which they may call in their moments of need) than do women and mothers who do so much nurturing and teaching?” (“The Role of Righteous Women,” Ensign, Nov. 1979, 102).
*Nothing else too exciting going on. Just need to get moved and packed and all that jazz. Scott has a killer test in Neurology today that he has been studying his 'brains' out for. (hee, hee, hee) Other than that, just livin' the life.