My Mom & sisters arrived Wednesday the 3rd. Scott's break was going to end that coming Monday and we wanted to do something really fun and memorable during his break, so on Wednesday night we said, "What the hey-- let's go to Sea World!!"
We got up early the next morning, around 4 am, to make the 5 1/2 hour drive to San Diego. It was a blast! We went both Thursday & Friday. The kids loved it! There were so many fun shows, neat exhibits and cool animals. I'm really glad we went.
I didn't want to bombard you with pictures, so I just made this little collage. Feel free to click on it to blow it up if you can't see some of the smaller ones very well.
Center: Our whole group waiting to see the Shamu show "Believe". Michael says Shamu was his favorite part of Sea World and that he loves him.
Going clockwise from the top left...
* Emma chillin' in the stroller.
* Shoulder rides around the park. Was it really necessary to bring in the stroller?
* SISTERS! Moriah, Savannah, Jillian, Elizabeth & Sariah. Katelynn really, really wanted to be in this picture.
* Scott & Jilly
* Michael & Emma at Manna Ray Bay. They have this big tank where you can pet the manna rays. The kids loved it, and we spent to last part of both days there.
* A group shot (minus my mom and I) at the Shark Encounter. There is this tunnel where the sharks are swimming right over your head!
* Katelynn, Sariah & Mom heading to our next exhibit/show/ride.
* Katelynn, Emma & Michael having a sword fight.
* No picture montage of Sea World is complete without a shot of Shamu! (or a couple of his friends. They all look the same to me...)
* Katelynn & Mommy riding "Elmo's Flying Fish".
It was great to get away for a few days. A good time was had by all, and great memories were made.